Sunday 14 October 2012

Fans of Doctor Who and RPGs ought to know....

If you are a fan of Doctor Who, and enjoy role-playing games, you really owe it to yourself to check out the Earthbound Timelords fanzine, Diary of the Doctor Who Role-Playing Games, and free adventure modules hosted on the site.

Another great resource is The Space-Time Vortex put together by Tim Hartin (which frequenters of Dragonsfoot will know as Turgenev, creator of many extraordinary maps).

I have yet to find a Doctor Who rpg that both satisfies my itch for Doctor Who and my preferences in role-playing games.  I have taken a run at the FASA game, Timelord, and Cubicle 7's Adventures in Time and Space.  I have also taken more than one stab at designing my own game to match both the programme and my preferences.

Still looking for that one perfect Doctor Who RPG.  What are your preferences?  And, if you have found yourself wanting to play in the Whoniverse, but have been dissatisfied by the current offerings, what sort of changes have you made to make the games better?

2 comments:

  1. Have you taken a look at Pacesetter Games "Timemaster"? It's available again through Goblinoid Games both at RPGNow and LuLu. Don't know if it will completely capture the Who feel, but worth checking out if you like time traveling RPGs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I used to have this game waaayyyyy back when it first came out. And the original Pacesetter game, "Chill", which I quite enjoyed.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.